Referred to as the Art of 8 Limbs, Muay Thai can also be called Thai Boxing and has 8 points from which a fighter makes contact with the opponent. Although it’s much older, Muay Thai was first formalized into a modern combat sport in the early 20th century. Codified rules and a boxing ring were introduced along with boxing gloves instead of ropes. Muay Thai is a stand-up striking sport where competitors utilize punches, elbows, knees and kicks as well as clinches, sweeps and throws.
Kickboxing is a form of martial arts that mixes elements of western boxing and oriental kicking. It derives moves from many different martial arts such as Boxing, Karate and Muay Thai. Although the name might imply kicking as its priority, this type of martial art uses striking techniques with both hands and feet as points of contact. Unlike Muay Thai however, elbows and knees are generally not used, and the points of contact are limited to the hands and feet as well as a little bit of clinching.
BRAZILLIAN JIU JITSU
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is the evolution of traditional Japanese grappling pioneered and improved in South America. It is a predominantly ground-based martial art, using the principals of leverage, angles, pressure and timing, as well as knowledge of the human anatomy, in order to achieve a non-violent submission of one’s opponent. BJJ focuses on close-contact holds and the application of chokes and joint-manipulation in order to make the opponent “tap out.”
Wrestling is one of the oldest forms of martial arts and is even depicted in 15,000-year-old cave drawings in France. Developed by ancient Greeks as a way to train soldiers in hand-to-hand combat, modern wrestling has always had a prominent place in the Olympic Games. It usually starts standing up and involves forcing an opponent to touch the ground with some part of the body other than his feet and forcing him into a certain position, usually on their back; holding them in that position for a minimum length of time.
- FOR ALL SKILL LEVELS
- BUILD SOLID FUNDAMENTALS
- FINE TUNE YOUR TECHNIQUES
- EXPERIENCED AND FRIENDLY TRAINING PARTNERS
- PRACTICAL SELF DEFENCE
- MAKE FRIENDSHIPS FOR LIFE
- DEVELOP A MINDSET OF DISCIPLINE & FOCUS
- HAVE FUN WHILE FORGING A STRONG BODY AND BUILDING CONFIDENCE
- Yes… we offer private sessions for group and individual needs.
- Call or email us to book an appointment or to discuss a fee schedule that works to achieve your goals within your price range.
WOMENS ONLY CLASSES
- SAFE AND ENCOURAGING ENVIRONMENT
- TRAIN AT YOUR OWN PACE
- LIKE MINDED & STRONG TRAINING PARTNERS
- FITNESS FOCUSED SELF DEFENCE
CHILDRENS' MARTIAL ARTS
- No two people are the same so why force the same style for everyone for every situation. Every martial art system has a different conflicting theories on the subject of martial arts and self defence. Often parents will invest thousands into their children enrolling them into a class because their friend/family was doing it and all along the child was meant to follow another path. Let them find their own path by studying all of the martial arts. This is not a theory it has been proven in the objective Mixed Martial art challenges to all systems destroying all myths and theories of the martial arts with hard data from these challenges. We only teach what is the most effective….. PERIOD. Real martial arts that work!
- We focus on the basics and frame all of our Grappling genre classes off of Brazillian Jujitusu, the world leader in leverage based martial arts. We also have daily practice of various other of the most popular grappling systems including; Judo, Wrestling, Sambo and other forms of submission wrestling in every class. We also offer Striking genre martial art classes which we frame off Muay Thai, Takewondo, Karate, Boxing and discussion on the newest science of fitness,yet honouring the legacy of technique left to us through thousand of years of martial art traditional training doctrines. Do your due diligence and check us out ask our parents what they think. The difference that sets us apart is daily lessons discussing,peer influence, bully proofing, confidence building, relationship building, and nutrition.
- One of the unique characteristics of our Programs is our “lessons for life” daily insight. For example this week we discussed taking responsibility what that means and we had an open discussion of how powerful and liberating it is as a concept to take control of ones life. We also have rules within the dojo, no-one is allowed to have negative self-talk as it will result in discipline. Language modification through trained and true discipline methods of the martial arts. These are the lessons that you will not learn playing other sports. We welcome you to come experience a class on us, or come speak to our parents about what positive changes we have made with our kids in our programs.
- Our children’s Classes were full this year but because of the high demand we have hired staff to accommodate the request to have bigger class sizes. Come down and see if we are the right match. We have room and we start our children’s Classes at 5 years of age. Call us to book your free introductory session and orientation. Please see class schedule for more information.
- We have hosted a number of group events and events from the community including, school groups/field trips, employer team building seminars and private groups with special programming.
- We have several birthday parties every year with repeat customers for less than the cost of a movie. We plan healthy, fun and safe activities that give children lessons for life and allow your children to become Ninja’s in a friendly and supportive environment with their friends.
- We also have a classroom with desks for video games, snacks and cake.